....................................... photo Home_zps9d0fe5e3.gif photo About-Me_zpsc81276fa.gif photo PR-Disclaimer_zps1659fe86.gif

Sunday 29 September 2013

Review | Kate Moss 'Lasting Finish' lipsticks.




Hello, lovelies!
I hope that you’re all well! I’m sorry that I haven’t been posting very much over the past few weeks – between uni and a few other things, I just haven’t really had the time to sit down and come up with new post ideas! How do you guys juggle having a job and going to college or uni with your blogs? I love to hear your advice!

So, today I’m going to be doing a review of the Kate Moss ‘Lasting Finish’ lipsticks from Rimmel! I currently own two of the lipsticks, one of which has turned out to be my perfect A/W shade, so I just had to share it with you guys!

The first shade that I purchased was the shade 01 – I bought this well over a year ago now and it’s still the best red lipstick that I own! 01 is a dark, almost vampy red, which is perfect for both elegant daytime looks and more dramatic evening looks. The blue undertones of the lipstick make it a flattering shade for both warm and cool skin tones – I’ve found that a lot of other red lipsticks that I’ve tried have more orange-y undertones which don’t suit my super pale skin! Despite having a matte finish, the lipstick is actually really hydrating which is great news if you suffer from dry lips like me! With a lot of other bright lipsticks, especially reds, I find that I have to keep reapplying them every so often as they tend to wear off pretty quickly, but I was really surprised by the staying power of this lipstick – I’ve only ever had to reapply it after eating! And, as if all of that wasn’t enough, even the lipstick itself looks and smells fab! The packaging is sleek and pretty, and instead of smelling like the typical, waxy lipstick, it has a lovely, sweet vanilla smell! What more could you ask for! (In the swatch picture below, 01 looks a really orange, almost coral colour – I think it was because I took the picture in really bright lighting! I promise that it comes out the same dark red on your lips as is it in the second picture!)

01 - left, 107 - right.


So, last but certainly not least, I have the lipstick in the shade 107. I purchased this a few weeks ago after it was recommended to me by a few lovely ladies on twitter and I’ve fallen in love with it! I’d been on the hunt for a berry coloured lipstick for A/W, but I couldn’t seem to find the perfect shade. After this shade was recommended to me by so many people, I just had to check it out. I was a little sceptical when I first saw it as it looks like a dark red/purple in the packing, so I was super excited when I swatched it and realised that it was exactly what I had been looking for! Shade 107 is a gorgeous, dark berry colour, perfect for this time of year. Like shade 01, it also has a matte finish which is definitely my favourite lipstick finish! It’s super pigmented, so it only takes one or two coats to achieve that lovely, rich colour! Shade 107 is a little more drying than shade 01, but I just apply a little lipbalm under the lipstick which seems to do the trick! The staying power of this shade is also brilliant – I apply it in the morning and after a full day of uni, it’s still going strong! Oh, and like shade 01, it also has the lovely vanilla smell – another bonus!

So, there you have it! I’d definitely recommend the Kate Moss lipsticks to anyone who’s looking for a pigmented, long-lasting lip colour. I’ve only tried these two shades so far, but they have a whole range of gorgeous colours – I’m dying to try out some of the pink shades! You can purchase these lipsticks at most drugstores, and at just £5.49, they’re a bargain!
What shades would you guys recommend I try next?

See you all next time!


Much love, 

     

11 comments :

  1. The Rimmel 107 lipstick is such a staple for most people's makeup bags! i really need to pick it up x

    www.crazylins.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah you should, it's a gorgeous shade! :)

      Much love, Sarah.x

      Delete
  2. The formula of these is quick becoming my favourites! I don't know why I haven't brought Rimmel lipsticks earlier when I love the rest of their products :') x

    I've also nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award if you wanted to check it out on my blog :) xx

    thriftyskies | beauty and trends ♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree, it's so nice and moisturising! I definitely need to pick up some more shades :).
      Thanks so much! I'll check it out now :).

      Much love, Sarah.x

      Delete
  3. These look lovely! :)

    www.gingerbreadsmiles.blogspot.co.uk
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both shades looks pretty! Perfect for Fall :)
    AddictedtoOPI

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the look of the 107 shade and could definitely have done with it the other night as it would have gone perfect with my outfit! I will make sure I pick this one up next time I'm shopping :) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sarah,
    Studying while working is driving me nuts. I have a food blog, sad to say, I can’t find time to update it.
    Those lippies look great!
    xo,
    ~Pauline @Kallony

    ReplyDelete